Back in 1966, Northwestern Medicine established 4P Federal Credit Union to serve its employees. But in 2000, backed by the strength and accessibility we offer, 4P Federal Credit Union became a part of First Northern Credit Union and we opened a branch location inside Lavin Pavilion on the campus of Northwestern Medicine.
Northwestern Medicine staff can earn up to $900!
Use promo code NM2023 when applying to take advantage of these special offers, just for Northwestern Medicine!
Think there's no such thing as a free lunch? Think again!
New employees to Northwestern Medicine are welcome to stop by our location at 541 N. Fairbanks. And when you open a new membership with us, we'll buy you lunch!*
And that's just the first of the many benefits you'll earn as a First Northern Credit Union member.
You might be telling yourself "I already have a bank." But do you have a credit union?
Credit unions and banks offer many of the same products and services but differ in many ways.
Why bank with First Northern?
- We’re a not-for-profit organization, governed by a board of unpaid volunteer members.
- As a member, serving you is our number one priority.
- Our members are more than just an account number — they’re part owners.
- All profits are returned to you, our members, not to investors.
- Members benefit from lower or non-existent fees, higher deposit rates, and more competitive loan rates.
- Based in the Chicagoland area, our teams are made up of decision makers who truly understand our community.
- As a credit union, we’re driven by the “People Helping People” philosophy.
- Your financial wellness one of our main focuses. Members benefit from free seminars, access to like-minded organizations such as BALANCE, and other innovative forms of assistance.
- Your membership with us lasts a lifetime — even if you move, change jobs, or retire. What’s more, your First Northern benefits can be passed down generation to generation.
- Your funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for up to $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.