We've been a part of Evanston for decades
Back in 2003, First Northern Credit Union opened our first Evanston branch in the basement of the Rebecca Crown Center on the campus of Northwestern University. It was a rousing success, and we quickly outgrew that location and moved to a storefront on Clark Street. We outgrew that location as well, and in 2013 moved to our highly-visible branch at 1705 Sherman Avenue, just around the corner from Northwestern University — staying true to our roots with Northwestern, but also serving the community at large.
Stop on by and learn more about why thousands of your fellow Evanstonians have chosen to "bank" with us for decades!
Join Our Free 90-Day Credit Rebuilding Program
This program is exclusively for Evanston residents and designed to improve your financial health — right from the comfort of your home!
- Start by joining one of our free, no-obligation online webinars
- At our webinar, you will get more information about exploring our free online modules
- Exploring our free online modules helps you work toward a Certificate of Completion
- Your Certificate of Completion may qualify you for our CreditSense program, including loans and a credit card!
No matter your current situation, we'll work together to help you put your hard work into action!
Free Financial Guidance & Services, Designed For Evanston Residents
We care about the financial wellness of the City of Evanston. That’s why we’ve partnered with industry-leading BALANCE to provide you with free access to expertly-crafted financial education and resources to help with your fiscal matters. For all your financial life stage changes and more, we—in partnership with BALANCE—are here to help.
- Online tools: Access financial education anytime you need it. Increase your know-how with articles, financial calculators, videos, checklists, quizzes, and more.
- BalanceTrack: Learn the basics of personal finance with educational modules and tools including managing a budget.
- Free Webinars: Attend free money management webinars. Learn the basics of financial planning, and create a future of security and opportunities.
- MyBalance: Use MyBalance to create a budget plan that helps you achieve your financial goals.
- And more!
Free Financial Wellness Webinars
Each month, we offer free, no-obligation online webinars especially for Evanston residents. Click below to learn more and RSVP for an upcoming event, right from the comfort of your home!
Tuesday, September 6, 2022 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
For more information, contact us:
- Pete Punito, Evanston Business Development Representative, at 847-332-0240, ext. 454, or
- Yadi Vargas, Evanston Financial Sales and Service Manager, at 847-332-0240, ext. 298.